Tuesday, March 31, 2009

sometimes.

Sometimes, there are moments that I wish were not my reality.

For example, yesterday, standing in line at the Walmart super center with frozen pizzas and frozen pie in my cart, already wishing that I did not have to purchase them. My pride saying "you should be able to fit in time to really make supper tonight", knowing that again, I was going to have extra children and family in my home later that day, along with Hannah's music program. I really couldn't fit it in. AND then, the gal that pulls up behind me with her pork loin and sausage and fresh vegetables... I just wanted to shout "these aren't the groceries I always buy." Like I needed to clarify that I am a cook from scratch-kind-of-gal.

Then, after spending a better part of a day trying to get things ready for a very sweet daughter of mine, only it was all to her dismay. Which made me upset... So sometimes, like last night, I had to apologize to my Mom, for once being like one of my own.

Sometimes, my pride really gets in the way.

2 comments:

amanda said...

Oh Regi, who hasn't thought this at some point in the supermarket - it's always when you've got the frozen pizza that you'll find some perfect mum behind you! I think you need chocolate! :)

Melanie said...

I think the chocolate is a great suggestion! No matter what's in your cart, someone will judge.

(Even if it's paper products on sale--'How many people LIVE in your house??')

I've had your cooking--I know you can cook. :)